[U-Boot-Users] 83xx SPD_EEPROM DDR2 Issues

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Tue Jun 3 21:57:07 CEST 2008

Guys,

Reposting on previous issue that is becoming a lot more painful.

Today, I went to my local PC store, and bought EVERY type of DDR2 SODIMM
memory they had, Kingston, Crucial, PC4200, PC5300 four different kinds of
memory, and NONE of them will boot with U-boot now.

We apparently have hit a new version of RAM in production, that I imagine
will affect EVERYONE using 83xx chips if they actually try and purchase any
recent memory.

Has anyone got patches out for updates SPD code?

I will work on this today and until I get it fixed, since beta testing has
come to a complete halt within our company due to this.

Russell McGuire

Senior Systems Engineer

rmcguire at videopresence.com

503.888.0968