[U-Boot-Users] 83xx SPD_EEPROM DDR2 Issues

Russell McGuire rmcguire at videopresence.com
Wed Jun 4 01:15:55 CEST 2008

Bruce,

I think you've hit upon something here.
After checking the SPD tables during the intial comparison for data rates,
it is clear that 1) the DDR2 bit fields are not defined properly. i.e. it
looks like the big if-if-else statement specifically does not have valid
DDR2 values defined for clk_cycle2 (30h, 3Dh, 50h) not DDR1, so we're going
need an extra 3 defined at a minimum.

I haven't gone through the rest yet, but most likely if we want to keep SPD
working for DDR2, we'll have to add the DDR2 definitions SPD into the code,
as it looks like the DDR2 port is only partially complete.

-Russ