[U-Boot-Users] LL_TEMAC on Avnet MiniModule-FX12

llandre r&d2 at dave-tech.it
Thu Jun 5 09:14:31 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I ported U-Boot 1.3.1 on Avnet MiniModule-FX12 (the repository I'm
working with has been patched previously with ML403 patch). Here is my
first dirty patch:

http://www.dave.eu/download/misc/mmfx12/mmfx12-0.8.3.patch

U-Boot works fine and it boots correctly from flash, however ethernet
interface (LL_TEMAC) does not work.
For example, when I try to perform a TFTP download, the XEmac_PollSend
function never returns because the following loop never ends:

/*
  * Loop on the MAC's status to wait for the transmit to complete. The
  * transmit status is in the FIFO when the XMIT_DONE bit is set.
  */
do {
     IntrStatus = XIIF_V123B_READ_IISR(InstancePtr->BaseAddress);
}
while ((IntrStatus & XEM_EIR_XMIT_DONE_MASK) == 0);

Please note that the FPGA bitstream is ok because the linux kernel works
fine and can mount root file system via NFS so I pretty sure something
is wrong in my U-Boot port.

Anybody experienced similar problems?

TIA,
llandre

DAVE Electronics System House - R&D Department
web:   http://www.dave.eu
email: r&d2 at dave-tech.it