[U-Boot-Users] [RFC/PATCH 6/6] Add support for environment in SPI flash

Haavard Skinnemoen haavard.skinnemoen at atmel.com
Thu Jun 5 13:18:23 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <1210929035-7997-6-git-send-email-haavard.skinnemoen at atmel.com> you wrote:
> > This is pretty incomplete...it doesn't handle reading the environment
> > before relocation, it doesn't support redundant environment, and it
> > doesn't support embedded environment. But apart from that, it does
> > seem to work.
>
> I suppose more patches to add the missing features will follow soon ?

Yeah...I didn't actually expect you to apply it, hence the RFC. But now
that it's in, I guess I should put in some effort to make it more
complete.

As for reading the environment before relocation, I don't really know
how to do it without using writeable RAM. env_nand does not support
this either -- it depends on embedded environment.

Haavard