[U-Boot-Users] Question on SH7763

Heiko Schocher heiko.schocher at invitel.hu
Thu Jun 5 20:04:01 CEST 2008

Hello Nobuhiro,

Nobuhiro Iwamatsu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:56:49 +0530 (IST)
> pavan_savoy at indiatimes.com wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thank you, I would also like to know, something about the development environment, If I want to write a new flash driver, or new ETH driver, and support them from u-boot, what best would be my environment ?
>>
> What does environment indicate?
> Is it a compiler?Or, is it OS?

CC ed the u-boot mailinglist, because its more a u-boot topic. I used to
compile the u-boot
for a sh7750R based board (Sorry, patches for u-boot not posted yet ...)
with the
compiler from

http://www.sh-linux.org

There is also a fine readme.txt for installation.

or use crosstools for making a compiler for your needs. See it at:

http://www.kegel.com/crosstool/

And then, hack the code ;-)
If your Flash supports CFI it should work with the CFI driver in u-boot.
Look in the u-boot readme how to start/modify the u-boot code.

bye
Heiko