[U-Boot-Users] [Junk released by Allow List] Command history no longer working

Magnus Lilja lilja.magnus at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:34:14 CEST 2008

Hi

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 9:58 PM, Kenneth Johansson <kenneth at southpole.se> wrote:
>> I noticed that not a lot of platforms/boards set GD_FLG_RELOC so
>> command history will probably cease to work for these boards also?
>
> Most boards do the relocation and then it gets set by the common
> board_init_r() function.

I got hit by this problem today and only after I figured out what was
really wrong I searched the mailing list archives and found this
thread (and a couple of others).

I'm using an ARM board and as far as I can see lib_arm/board.c does
not set the GD_FLG_RELOC bit, in fact no ARM boards do so in the
current git tree (according to grep anyway). Many other architectures
set the flag in their respective common lib_<arch>/board.c. Should/can
the GD_FLG_RELOC be set in a common place
(lib_arm/board.c:start_armboot) for ARM as well?

Or shall we place gd->flags |= GD_FLG_RELOC in the board specific init
routines/files?

Regards,
Magnus Lilja