[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot booting from NAND

Alan Carvalho de Assis acassis at gmail.com
Fri Jun 13 15:24:24 CEST 2008

Hi,
I am trying to port U-Boot to MX31PDK board, but I getting a problem
related to lowlevel initialization to boot from NAND flash memory.

The problem is because cpu/arm1136/start.S waste so much space with
IRQ/FIQ handling and stack initialization then lowlevel_init function
is placed at 0x400 position. As the NAND controller from i.MX31 copy
just 2KB to NANDFC internal buffer and lowlevel_init has about 0x6b0
bytes then the final position is after 0x800 (2KB) then the SDRAM
initialization routine and NAND block copy to SDRAM doesn't work.

Comparing with RedBoot I verified it place the lowlevel routines at
0x120 position then it fit in 2KB and all works fine.

I need help to modify cpu/arm1136/start.S and place the lowlevel_init
at 0x120 position instead 0x400. I am not ARM assembly expert then any
help is welcome.

Best Regards,

Alan