[U-Boot-Users] new to U-Boot, how do I get started for Atmel at91sam9261ek

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 14 23:40:44 CEST 2008

In message <OFB129BF94.48311ED8-ON65257467.0030AB8A-65257467.00316D60 at lntinfotech.com> you wrote:

> I have a at91sam9261ek evaluation Kit from Atmel and I want to bring up
> the UBoot on that. When I got the board, I also got UBoot binary which can
> be flashed and verified. However, I did not get the source code. The code
> has to be purchased seperately, which I do not want to do. I want to take

U-Boot is licensed under GPL, and whoever gave you the binary is also
obligated by law to give you the complete source code for free.

Can you please send me any documents that prove that somebody did
that, and who tat was? I will follow uo on this...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on.
                                                    -- Samuel Goldwyn