[U-Boot-Users] new to U-Boot, how do I get started for Atmel at91sam9261ek

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat Jun 14 23:55:10 CEST 2008

In message <4852D065.9070800 at ge.com> you wrote:

> I received the following email from Ulf - it appears he is struggling
> with his phone/email and sent it directly to me only, not to the list.
> The one that really needed it was Vyas.  As expected, Vyas just needed
> to know where to look to get the source.

Know where to look to get the source?

That's illegal.

The GPL explicitely states:

    b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three
    years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your
    cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete
    machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be
    distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium
    customarily used for software interchange; or,

If such a written offer is included, you don't "need to know where to
look to get the source", because it is clearly documented.

Vyas, can you please comment if such a written offer was included with
the package you received?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Where people stand is not as important as which way they face.
        - Terry Pratchett & Stephen Briggs, _The Discworld Companion_