[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot booting from NAND

Kenneth Johansson kenneth at southpole.se
Mon Jun 16 12:22:04 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 23:50 +0200, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> In message <1213364825.29745.17.camel at localhost.localdomain> you wrote:
> >
> > I ditched the entire reuse thing when I implemented nand boot for a
> > 5121e platform. 2k was to little space to try to force in the generic
> > files. just make a new start.S that do only the things it needs to.
>
> I seriously hope you based your code on the nand_spl/ frame work,  so
> it has a chance to get merged into mainline, and I also hope you will
> post patches soon?
>
> Viele Grüße,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

It is based on the nand boot support that existed for some 4xx boards.

The code is going to be made available in someway sometime but I do not
think that anyone will ever try to merge it into the mainline.

Maybe I will have some time between project to port the stuff over to
the ads5121 board but it's not going to be in near time.