[U-Boot-Users] Stops booting after RAM info

Haavard Skinnemoen haavard.skinnemoen at atmel.com
Wed Jun 18 14:28:51 CEST 2008

Andrejs Cainikovs <AndrejsC at GlobalAutomationSystems.com> wrote:
> Our boards flash driver is the same as in board/atmel/at91rm9200dk/flash.c
> The only thing that was modified is the flash identification routine, as
> there was no support for AT49BV642D.

This chip is supported by the CFI driver (the ATNGW100 board relies on
that.)

> The flash organization for this chip is the same as in AT49BV6416 which
> exists in the sources, so we haven't changed a lot.

This chip is not yet supported by the CFI driver. It needs a fixup due
to reversed erase region information, but since the CFI driver only
reads the low 8 bits of the ID, there's currently no way to tell it
apart from AT49BV642D, which doesn't need this fixup.

If someone can figure out how to read a 16-bit ID when appropriate, I
suspect we can get rid of quite a few board-specific flash drivers
(including the one for ATSTK1000).

Unfortunately, I don't have the time to look into this myself at the
moment.

Haavard