[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 0/9] U-boot-V2: Introduce I2C support for SDP3430

Menon, Nishanth x0nishan at ti.com
Wed Jun 18 20:48:26 CEST 2008

Robert,

What issues do you see with the proposed patch set I have send out - other than it bases itself on Linux kernel? It meets the following requirements:
a) does meet all the use cases folks need with i2c:
   i) bare bone i2c arch -> don't use client drivers, just stick around with adapter and use i2c_transfer or smbus ops which ever you'd like.
   ii) someone wants to write a client for a commonly used device ->eeprom or the like.. feel free to do so.
   iii) does it support multiple buses? Oh yeah it does. So does it support multiples speed busses too.
b) does it fit in device-driver model? Yep it does.
c) Is it small? I don't see 6K a big overhead considering similar addition due to devfs or nand support.. in fact my adapter driver could be eating a chunk of that 6K.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon