[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 0/9] U-boot-V2: Introduce I2C support for SDP3430

Menon, Nishanth x0nishan at ti.com
Wed Jun 18 22:21:02 CEST 2008

Robert,

Acked. Yep will redo that :).

> Which part of i2c do we actually *need* in the bootloader? What's *your*
> use case?
I need i2c_transfer -yes - I can customize the changes just for that. I do like i2c_transfers, adapters, clients etc.. my immediate need is rather simple -> i2c_transfers.

> I assume we need i2c host controllers, that's quite clear. We also need
> an abstraction for i2c devices. The only devices I have seen which
> really needed a bootloader driver are
>
> a) eeproms
> b) RTCs
> c) analog/digital in/outputs (i.e. gpio expanders)
>
> Other use cases?
USB Transceivers, power management devices.

Do we need SMBUS support? I don't. probably algos would be a good idea for other SOCs.

Are we ok with i2ctools movement here?

Regards,
Nishanth Menon