[U-Boot-Users] Non-static global variables cause relocation to fail

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Jun 19 22:52:47 CEST 2008

In message <485AC5C5.5080709 at freescale.com> you wrote:

> I did say that.  Simply making the global variable not static caused it to fail.

Ummm... I guess there must be more than one variable in U-Boot, as
there are several source files and several board configurations.

Also, there are several tool chains being used.

You provide NONE of that *essential* information.

> Works:
>
> static struct __attribute__ ((__packed__)) eeprom {
>
> Doesn't work:
>
> struct __attribute__ ((__packed__)) eeprom {
>
> Everything else is the same.

What is "same"? Which source file is this? Which line?  Which  board?
Which compiler from which distro? Which binutils?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is undignified for a woman to play servant to a man who is not
hers.
	-- Spock, "Amok Time", stardate 3372.7