[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet stopped working after upgrading from 1.1.5 to 1.3.3

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 18:49:05 CEST 2008

Stuart Wood wrote:
> It was pulled together from the cirrus logic Linux distribution posts
> done on the linux-cirrus mailing list as far as I know. I was not
> around when it was initially put together, and the engineer who did it
> has since left.

That's a fun position to be in.  Since the code's out of tree there's
only so much we can do to help.
> Stuart
>
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 12:26 PM, Ben Warren <biggerbadderben at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Stuart,
>>
>> Stuart Wood wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out why
>>> after porting up to 1.3.3 from 1.1.5 I'm getting a
>>> "No ethernet found." error.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the hooks aren't in /net/eth.c to
initialize the driver.
>>> I'm using a cirrus logic EP9302 Arm processor that was someone
>>> initially ported to u-boot 1.1.5. So I'm not to familiar with how the
>>> CPU specific files should be laid out.
>>>
>>> Did the config commands change to set up Ethernet?
>>>
>>> The Ethernet driver for the chip is under cpu/arm920t/ep93xx/eth.c

Nothing fundamental has changed in how Ethernet drivers are
initialized.  I'm afraid you're going to have to roll up your sleeves
and figure it out yourself.  printf will be very helpful.