[U-Boot-Users] Set manually tsec speed in u-boot 1.2.0

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Fri Jun 27 15:41:16 CEST 2008

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 2:37 AM, Frank Prepelica
<Frank.Prepelica at ubidyne.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> The ethernet adapter (PCMCIA ethernet card) which is directly connect to the board can be forced in windows to use 100Mbit full duplex, but u-boot still use 1Gbit. It's a Marvell phy, the exact phy description I have not in mind.
> The processor is a mpc8313.
>
> We are using a customized board which based on the MPC8313ERDB board.
>
> Nevertheless, is there a special env variable to set in U-Boot to use another speed, in this case 100Mbit? (e.g. I can choose by setting "using ethact TSEC1 which tsec should be used) Is there something equivalent for using tsec speed?

I don't see any way to set it explicitly, but the default mode is
autonegotiate, so the TSEC will run at the highest rate supported by
its peer.  I plug these things into 10/100 switches all the time and
they work fine.  What problem are you seeing.

regards,
Ben