[U-Boot-Users] Does U-boot support ethernet chip LAN9210 from SMSC?

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 07:43:56 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 10:06 PM, 이승열 <sunnylee at probedigital.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben,
>
> Sorry for bothering you.
>
> I have downloaded the latest version of U-boot.
> There is smc911x.c file. I have added this file to Makefile.
> The compilation is successful.
You don't have to add anything to the Makefile, just use the correct
CONFIG options

> But, there are two problems.
> 1. there is no LAN9210 entry in chip id list
So add it.  I haven't looked at the LAN9210 data sheet to even know if
it will work with this chip.  You're going to have to do some work.
> 2. Only 32-bit is supported.

Not true.  Both 16 and 32 bit access is supported.  Check the source
code (hint: look for CONFIG_DRIVER_SMC911X_16_BIT)
> Is there any recent driver for LAN9210?

I don't know of another or I would have told you about it.

Good luck,
Ben