[U-Boot-Users] Using DDR1 in AMCC 460EX custom design

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Jun 30 20:51:20 CEST 2008

Hi Felix,

On Monday 30 June 2008, Felix Radensky wrote:
> I will soon have to port U-Boot to a custom board based on AMCC 460EX CPU.
> This board should be very close to Canyonlands evaluation board, but board
> designers decided to use DDR1 instead of DDR2 present on Canyonlands.
>
> Looking at U-Boot 1.3.3 code, I can see that DDR1 support for 460EX is
> available
> in cpu/ppc4xx/cp44x_spd_ddr2.c. My question is - was DDR1 support ever
> tested
> on 460EX.

No, not from me while porting to Canyonlands. Could be that AMCC tested it on
their 460EX Maple reference design. Please contact AMCC on this.

As you already noticed, cpu/ppc4xx/cp44x_spd_ddr2.c has some DDR1 support. But
I'm not sure if this will work "right out of the box". Could be that some
changes are needed.

> Another question is - are there DDR1 DIMMs that can be used on
> Canyonlands ?

No. This is not possible.

Best regards,
Stefan