[U-Boot-Users] Cortex-M1 support

Peter Pearse peter.pearse at arm.com
Mon Mar 3 12:30:58 CET 2008

Vishal
	Currently I'm envisaging

	./lib_arm		Existing armv4,v5 assembly code
	./lib_armv6		New v6 arm assembly code
	./lib_armv6m	New v6 thumb assembly code
	./lib_armv7		New v7 arm assembly code
	./lib_armv7m	New v7m thumb assembly code
	./cpu/armxxx	Existing arm v4,v5 cpus
	./cpu/armv6		New v6 arm cpus
	./cpu/armv6m      New v6 thumb cpus
	./cpu/armv7       New v7 arm cpus
	./cpu/armv7m      New v7 thumb cpus
	./include/asm-arm/arch-v6	v6 socs
	./include/asm-arm/arch-v6m    v6 thumb socs
	./include/asm-arm/arch-v7     v7 socs
	./include/asm-arm/arch-v7m    v7 thumb socs

However it may be possible to reduce this depending on toolchains,
use of unified assembler code, ifdefs etc

I suggest you submit a patch with any v6m dependent code split out as above.

Please try to keep as much code as possible in existing locations,
rather than making identical copies.

I assume you are using the Code Sourcery toolchain....

Regards

Peter