[U-Boot-Users] the question about the Flat Device Tree on MPC8360?

郭劲 guojin02 at tsinghua.org.cn
Mon Mar 3 14:29:30 CET 2008

HI, friends.

  I want to update my linux version from 2.6.11 to 2.6.22 on MPC8360 board, I
always fail when the linux version is about 2.6.11. Someone told me that I need to
build the Flat Device Tree. I see that the U-boot-1.2.0 has one FDT command, but I
did not know how to use this command and how to use the Flat Device Tree.
  I once see a document from freescale that the FDT file need tftp download to DDR
memory first then bootm the linux. What's that FDT file? how can i get it? which
DDR address that I need to tftp download?
  What is the FDT? Could someone teach me? Thanks.