[U-Boot-Users] PPC4xx enet crossover

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 4 09:30:00 CET 2008

In message <2C7DE72B9BD00F44BAECA5B0CBB873950729A0 at hermes.terascala.com> you wrote:

> There were differences in the PHY setup between Linux and U-Boot.
>
> This patch fixes the problem. Apparently "remote fault" is being set,
> which signals to some devices (on the other end of the cable) that a
> fault has occurred, while other devices ignore it. I believe the RF bit
> was causing the issue, but I removed T4 also, to match up with Linux.

I verified that it fixes the problem with our setup (Sequoia board
with HP Procurve switch), too. I still see a timeout for the very
first packet after a reset, but after that it's working fine.

Thanks.

Could you just please add your Signed-off-by: line?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it  on
the computer.