[U-Boot-Users] Cortex-M1 support

Peter Pearse peter.pearse at arm.com
Wed Mar 5 12:33:48 CET 2008

--snip--

> Do we really need all these directories? No chance to use
> common code at least for some of them?

Provided we assume that the ARM Unified Assembler Language will
eventually be supported in the mainline gcc code, we could manage
with new directories:

./lib_armv6
./cpu/armv6
./cpu/armv7
./include/asm-arm/arch-v6
./include/asm-arm/arch-v7

,using ifdefs until the UAL support arrives.

The only code in these directories would be any assembler code required.

Currently arm directories hold about 150K assember code (.S) files
Some of this code is common.
Were this to be removed I believe the v6/v7/thumb support could be
added without overall increase in the U-Boot source size.

Regards

Peter