[U-Boot-Users] AT91SAM7 port of U-boot?

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Fri Mar 7 01:20:12 CET 2008

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone made any attempt to port any CPUs in the AT91SAM7 series to
> u-boot?
>   I looked in the archives and did a general search on the web
> but didn't come across anything.  If not, does anyone foresee any
> problems with u-boot running on these CPUs?  Specifically I'm looking
> at the AT91SAM7SE512 which has 512K internal flash.  It only has 32K
> internal SRAM, but I'll have plenty of SDRAM available.

Have you checked out the new AT91SAM9XE512?
Basically the same chip as the AT91SAM9260 and has 512 kB flash
and 32 kB SRAM. Only big difference is that the SAM9XE has
2 x TWI instead of one, and only 6 serial ports instead of 7.

I think it would be much easier to get U-boot running on the SAM9XE.
It also has an Ethernet controller so you can do fast downloads.
Also, it runs at 200 MHz instead of the ~50 MHz of the SAM7SE.

> --

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson