[U-Boot-Users] VXWorks EST Flat Binary

Richard Danter radanter at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 7 15:58:24 CET 2008

On 07/03/2008, Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini <luigi.mantellini at idf-hit.com> wrote:
>  How I can load (and start) an EST Flat Bin image? My supplier gives me
>  this image and I don't know how run it from u-boot (from git).
>  Can someone help me?

The EST flat binary is a pure binary file with a 32-byte header. You
can easily strip the header using 'dd' and then load using tftp. You
just need to know where to load the binary and what the entry point is
(the default load address is included in the header).

I am surprised that you get the file in this format, it is intended
for programming a binary into flash using the old visionCLICK
software.

Rich