[U-Boot-Users] NAND flash programming via BDI2000 for ppc440epx.

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Sun Mar 9 15:49:12 CET 2008

On 9 Mar 2008 at 15:42, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> In message <47D3FE4E.8174.1501DA7 at w.wegner.astro-kom.de> you wrote:
>
> > The only thing missing for this is a working CONFIG_MONITOR_IS_IN_RAM
> > as far as I can see.
>
> Actually this is not missing. All you need to do is to create a
> configuration which (1) has a modfied TEXT_BASE and (2) skips the
> memory initialization. But see
> http://www.denx.de/wiki/view/DULG/CanUBootBeConfiguredSuchThatItCanBeStartedInRAM

I know this is possible in theory. However, in my case (MCF5329/MCF537x)
this stopped working with U-Boot 1.3.x, and I did not yet figure out what goes
wrong. I just wanted to vote for not dropping this feature altogether, which I
feared might happen as it is normally very much discouraged to use it.

Regards,
Wolfgang