[U-Boot-Users] Ethernet problem with u-boot 1.3.2 on M5272C3 board

Humphrey Li humphreyli at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 15:03:58 CET 2008

Hi, I built u-boot 1.3.2 for my new M5272C3.
Everything looks fine. I can program the u-boot image
into M5272C3, and then boot into u-boot, but I cannot
see the Ethernet interface working. I set the
environment variables of U-Boot as below,

-> setenv ipaddr 192.168.1.22
-> setenv serverip 192.168.1.20
-> setenv gatewayip 192.168.1.1

But I got the messages below for the ping command,

-> ping 192.168.1.1
Using FEC0 device
TX timeout
fec_recv[216] err: 882
TX timeout
ping failed; host 192.168.1.1 is not alive

Even I ping 192.168.1.22, I got the same error
messages. Do you have any idea why FEC0 doesn't work?
There is no any problem when I use the network
commands with dBUG monitor.

Thank you!
Humphrey