[U-Boot-Users] Hi, friends, the question about the u-boot and device tree?

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at ge.com
Fri Mar 14 14:01:56 CET 2008

郭劲 wrote:
> Hi,friends,
>
> I¡¡made follow define on my MPC8360EMDS.h file. Is it enough? The uboot still did
> not fill the zero frequency on dtb. I think the ft_cpu_setup and ft_board_setup
> function have been run.
>

> /* pass open firmware flat tree */
> #define CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE	         1
> #define CONFIG_OF_BOARD_SETUP	1
> /* maximum size of the flat tree (8K) */
> #define OF_FLAT_TREE_MAX_SIZE	8192

This indicates you are using an old u-boot and an old MPC8360EMDS
configuration.  Please pull a copy of 1.3.2 and build on/from that.

CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE is deprecated, replaced by CONFIG_OF_LIBFDT.

We've adopted David Gibson's libfdt utility library and built a lot of
functionality beyond the original CONFIG_OF_FLAT_TREE style flat tree
support.

Best regards,
gvb