[U-Boot-Users] PPC440Epx Sequoia Flash-based size limitation?

Dave Littell littelld at verizon.net
Sat Mar 15 03:51:10 CET 2008

Stefan Roese wrote:
[deletia]

> Another idea comes to my mind here. It's on my todo list to implement a
> workaround for the 440EPx errata CHIP 11:
>
>> CHIP_11: End of memory range area restricted access.
[deletia]

> One simple idea is to add :
>
> #define CONFIG_PRAM	1
>
> to your U-Boot config file.

This seems to have fixed the problem, although I had to juggle the order
to get the PRAM trimmed out before the LOGBUFFER memory.  I later went
back and trimmed only the AMCC-recommended 256 bytes and this also seems
to resolved the problem.

Odd timing that CHIP_11 chose to bite, eh?  Thanks very much for the help.

Dave