[U-Boot-Users] How to patch u-boot?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Mon Mar 17 14:54:00 CET 2008

Hi Harald,

On Tuesday 22 January 2008, Harald Welte wrote:
> > >    breaks any of the old code.  It has actually come to a point where
> > >    I'd volunteer to maintain the s3c24xx chipset code in u-boot, if
> > >    anyone was interested in that
> >
> > You are welcome. Is this a serious offer? I think it might help to
> > solve at least some parts of the ARM dilemma we're in.
>
> I'm serious about this, yes.
>
> At least for 2410/2440/2442, I have quite extensive experience after all
> the hacking at OpenMoko.  I'm familiar with the smdk2410, qt2410,
> smdk2440, qt2440, neo1973_gta01 (s3c2410), neo1973_gta02 (s3c2442b) and
> hxd8 (s3c2440) boards, and I can contribute board support for all those
> to u-boot.  I'm also in contact with what Ben Dooks (Linux s3c24xx
> maintainer) is doing on the mainline kernel side.

I really hope you are still willing to take over the s3c24xx U-Boot
custodianshipment. This would be a great improvement. If yes, please send
Wolfgang your public SSH key, so that he setup a new repository for the
Samsung ARM stuff.

BTW: How should this repository be called? "u-boot-s3c24xx"? Or do you have a
different suggestion?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan