[U-Boot-Users] [MIPS] Introduce machine_restart

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue Mar 18 20:24:32 CET 2008

In message <004701c88928$4f457bb0$edd07310$@Tjernlund at transmode.se>
Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

> I don't think it is good to use global fun ptrs. These are not
> available until
> relocated to RAM.

Agreed!

In message <20080318184338.GA8728 at game.jcrosoft.org>
Jean-Christophe Plagniol-Villar wrote:

> If possible I will prefer a weak function

...which raises the interesting question if, and how, weak function
pointers work before relocation.

Has anyone ever tested / analyzed this?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If something is different, it's either better or worse,  and  usually
both.                                                    - Larry Wall