[U-Boot-Users] Is it easy to config BR1/OR1 as SDRAM in u-boot?

solaz fe700000 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 18:27:32 CET 2008

Hi, all,

Currently we are working on u-boot for our customized board (use MPC8272).
Our reference board is mpc8272ads board from freescale. U-boot configiures
mpc8272ads board as one of the mpc8260ads family. And u-boot uses BR0/OR0,
BR1/OR1 for flash and BR2/OR2, BR3/OR3 for SDRAM.  However, our customized
board is configured using CS1 (BR1/OR1) for the SDRAM.

How can I modify the u-boot source code for the mpc8260ads family to let
u-boot recognize BR1/OR1 as SDRAM? I don't know how many files will be
related to this change and how 'deep' I will go.

or let the hardware engineer change SDRAM to CS2 (BR2/OR2) may be easier?

Thanks for your advice,

solaz