[U-Boot-Users] include/autoconf.mk issue

Jon Loeliger jdl at freescale.com
Thu Mar 20 16:38:06 CET 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 10:32, Wolfgang Denk wrote:

> Um... that would fix this specific situation - but we might still run
> into the same problem with the next attempt to convert  code  to  the
> new config style.

Yeah, we just need to pick 'em off one-by-one... :-)

> For example, there might be code which might be compiled depending on
> CONFIG_PREBOOT.

Ah, as I understand that one, I think it gets solved in
a slightly different manner.  The kernel introduces a "HAS"
variant that indicates if the feature is enabled and
then uses something like CONFIG_HAS_PREBOOT to indicate
and test for its presence.  The actual _value_ remains
the CONFIG_PREBOOT symbol.

jdl