[U-Boot-Users] RFC: Remove CONFIG_OF_HAS_UBOOT_ENV and CONFIG_OF_HAS_BD_T

Jerry Van Baren gvb.uboot at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 15:57:54 CET 2008

Hi Dan,

There are two configuration switches which are used only by the stxxtc
board, of which you are listed as the maintainer.
   CONFIG_OF_HAS_UBOOT_ENV
   CONFIG_OF_HAS_BD_T
These add the u-boot env variables and the bd_t struct into the fdt blob
before booting linux.

The value of doing this was debated a while back and the consensus was
that it is Not A Good Thing[tm].
<http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.boot-loaders.u-boot/33643/focus=33653>

I don't believe either is actually used in linux.  I didn't find
"u-boot-env" at all and the "bd_t" matches did not look like FDT stuff
(struct bd_t stuff).

Per the discussion on the u-boot list, these config switches were
declared deprecated.  I propose to remove them at this time.

Best regards,
gvb