[U-Boot-Users] auto-save environment if using defaul

w.wegner at astro-kom.de w.wegner at astro-kom.de
Wed Mar 26 15:03:09 CET 2008

Sorry, just a re-send because I missed the CC in this message. :-(

Hi Mike,

On 26 Mar 2008 at 0:51, Mike Frysinger wrote:

> On Tuesday 25 March 2008, w.wegner at astro-kom.de wrote:
> > I just had the problem of fw_{print,save}env not being able to access
> > the environment because I was using the default (builtin) environment
> > after flashing U-Boot.
>
> if you're using an embedded env, then the default crc should be correct.  i'd
> address that bug first before trying to hack around it on the board.
>
> note: there are known problems with crc generation on the build system when it
> isnt the same endian/bitsize as the target.

sorry if this was not clear in my post.
Everything is fine within U-Boot. I have the "regular" environment in a
dedicated sector of the flash and the default environment is "compiled in"
(I have to admit I do not know where it is particularly located...).

When accessing the environment from the (linux) application with
fw_{print,set}env, of course I only want to access the regular environment
in the dedicated sector, and if there was no "saveenv" in U-Boot before,
it is simply not there.

Regards,
Wolfgang