[U-Boot-Users] New Image format: headers hashes.

Luigi 'Comio' Mantellini luigi.mantellini at idf-hit.com
Thu Mar 27 12:13:12 CET 2008

Hi Guys,

I ask you fro a comment regarding the new image format.

I'm studying the mkimage code (and image.c file) to understand how new
image works. I have the following observations/questions:

- The mkimage calculate hashes before that timestamp is added to image.
is it better exchange the order of these operations (before add
timestamp then calculate hashes)?
- Does the new format assure that the complete image (_all_ sections,
images, ramdisks, configurations, blobs) are covered by at least an hash
value? should mkimage add at least a hash value for the root node?

Thanks a lot,

luigi

--
     ______       Luigi Mantellini