[U-Boot-Users] Current U-Boot doesn't boot device tree enabled kernel anymore

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Thu Mar 27 15:25:34 CET 2008

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Bartlomiej Sieka wrote:
> > ## Booting kernel from Legacy Image at 00200000 ...
> >    Image Name:   Linux-2.6.25-rc7-next-20080327-d
> >    Created:      2008-03-27  13:51:18 UTC
> >    Image Type:   PowerPC Linux Kernel Image (gzip compressed)
> >    Data Size:    1288643 Bytes =  1.2 MB
> >    Load Address: 00000000
> >    Entry Point:  00000000
> >    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> >    Uncompressing Kernel Image ... OK
> > ERROR: image overwritten - must RESET the board to recover.

<snip>

> > Any ideas?
>
> The image got overwritten during decompression. Try loading the image at
> a higher address.

Right. This works. But I'm wondering why this is the case, since "old" U-Boot
can decompress to this destination successfully. This is quite annoying,
since now I have to change all default env variables for this new "legacy"
bootm command. So do you have any idea where the difference comes from?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de