[U-Boot-Users] ENV in NAND and in EEPROM ?

Manuel Sahm ManuelSahm at freenet.de
Sat Mar 29 15:42:54 CET 2008

Hello,

I want to use an eeprom AND an NANDFLASH for storing the Enviroment Data.

First: The EEPROM should be connected via SPI, so I have to make a c file
within the function for spi_write and spi_read
to use it with the
CFG_CMD_EEPROM.

right ?

Now my second question:

I want to achieve that the uboot first looks in NANDFlash, if the ENV is
damaged, look at NANDFLASH_REDUNDAND area [This is what is normally
implemented, I think, and it works], now if these both areas of NAND Flash
are damaged, the ubbot should have a lokk at the eeprom to load its
environment

Is it possible ??

What files do I have to adapt, and where´s the point in the code, where the
printenv/setenv command is attached to the NANDFLASH/EEPROM Function to load
the data ?

Thank you very much

Manuel