[U-Boot-Users] 1.3.3-rc3 - release status

Haavard Skinnemoen haavard.skinnemoen at atmel.com
Wed May 7 11:12:20 CEST 2008

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> In message <20080506124318.GA15533 at game.jcrosoft.org> you wrote:
> >
> > > I'm just waiting for the merge window to open and I'll post them all.
> > > Meanwhile, if you wish, I can send you the patches privately.
> > You could send it even if the merge window is not open
>
> Speaking for me only - doing so singnificantly increases  the  chance
> that the patch gets lost. I'd rather see such stuff on the list when
> the merge window is open only.

I think it's much better to get it properly reviewed and queued up in
some subsystem tree _before_ the merge window opens. That way, you
won't rely on people who are very busy merging to do the review...and
we don't end up cramming everything in during the last hour because the
maintainers were waiting for some patch to get finalized...

Besides, I think Stelian knows how the process works well enough to
resend the patch if nobody responds :-)

Haavard