[U-Boot-Users] Sandisk mDoC H3 support

Micha Kalfon smichak.uv at gmail.com
Wed May 7 15:46:04 CEST 2008

Hello all,

In the last few weeks I've been working on a u-boot driver for
Sandisk's (MSystems) mDoc H3 device - basically, it's a DiskOnChip
device which exposes a simple ATA interface to the software and works
differently from previous generation DoCs (see
http://www.linuxdevices.com/articles/AT2185129745.html for more).

I implemented the following low-level features in u-boot which allow
using the DoC H3 as a boot device (currently all I need it for) :

1. Basic partitioning - allows statically allocating sectors for
numerous binary (raw) partitions.
2. Writing IPL boot block - basically, the very initial 2KB of code
than run when the CPU boots.
3. Reading and Writing of binary partitions - I place u-boot binary in
one partition to be loaded and run by the IPL and the linux kernel
uImage in another.

Features are exposed to the user / bootscript as simple u-boot commands.

Does anyone see benefit from this to other u-boot users? If not, what
can be added / changed to make it so?

Micha