[U-Boot-Users] help in understand the address of standalone applications, ARM MCU

J.P. Casainho casainho at gmail.com
Sun May 11 18:36:50 CEST 2008

Hello :-)

I would like to create a standalone application and I already read manual and
also asked help here and got one good example however I can't get It working
and I think the problem is in the address.

I am using an Olimex dev. board with a ARM9, AT91SAM9260 MCU. On my makefile I
am linking with address 0xc100000, "LDFLAGS=-Bstatic -Ttext 0xc100000" -- is
this address correct? How can I have sure of that? -- I got this value from
makefile of "hello world" example.

When I do "tftp 0xc100000 flash_led.bin" the system hangs.. while If I try to
do for example "tftp 0x1000 flash_led.bin" the code loads ok but after "go
0x1000", the code does not work... It evens return while shouldn't because of
an infinite loop on the code.

In the manual of the dev. board I have a memory map that says the 64MB RAM
starts at 0x20000000 and ends on 0x23FFFFFF - If I do "tftp 0x20000000
flash_LED.bin" system also hangs...

Can someone help me?

My flash_LED code is here:
http://code.google.com/p/rockboxplayer/source/browse/trunk/flash_LED

And the help, example, I got before here in the mailing list:
http://code.google.com/p/rockboxplayer/wiki/Flash_LED

I must say that with my dev. board comes an "hello world" example which is an
empty function :-( -- but even I don't know to what address I should load it.

I did turn ON and OFF the LED on the dev. board using U-Boot shell, using the
memory write and memory display commands ;-) -- I did write configure values
to the PIO controller, enabling the PA6 pin as output and set and clear that
pin to turn OFF and ON the green LED.

I am working on a Free/Open hardware digital audio player and recorder:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockboxPlayer

Thanks in advance,

JPCasainho - http://www.Casainho.net