[U-Boot-Users] help in understand the address of standaloneapplications, ARM MCU

J.P. Casainho casainho at gmail.com
Mon May 12 02:01:08 CEST 2008

I would like to "thank you" everyone who did answered to my questions.

I got now a simple code to work, my first stand alone application :-) - I did
used that values suggested by Wolfgang Den and Alessandro Rubini, both values
work :-)

I did read the include/configs/sam9l9260.h but I couldn't understand where is
the information of the first address on SDRAM that I can use for a standalone
application. I am not worried for now about that.

I tried a more complex code that uses a periodic interval timer to do a delay
on flash LED code however this code does not work, It comes back to U-Boot
shell with return value of 1. What can I be doing wrong?

So, to resume and maybe in hope to help someone like me:

My standalone application that is working:
http://code.google.com/p/rockboxplayer/source/browse/flash_led-0.c

My make file:
http://code.google.com/p/rockboxplayer/source/browse/Makefile?r=11

And I just needed to do on U-Boot shell:
"tftp 0x20040000 flash_LED.bin" and after "go 0x20040000" :-) :-)

Thank you all :-) :-)