[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 1/2] U-Boot-V2: ARM: Makefile cleaup

Sascha Hauer s.hauer at pengutronix.de
Mon May 12 16:30:58 CEST 2008

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 08:56:08AM -0500, Menon, Nishanth wrote:
> Sascha,

Hm, just tried with a hardfloat toolchain, I get the same error. I'm
wondering why we have a -msoft-float in CFLAGS anyway. Removing it works
for hard- and softfloat toolchains and shouldn't make a difference.

> Ideally the gcc flags should be set per platform -> Linux kernel has a neat manner of doing it. We can move ahead with h/w FP as long as we allow flags to be set for platform. Currently though, if C files are compiled with -msoft-float, so should AFLAGS. Probably we need some new management of compiler flags?

Not exactly new, because I've taken much from the linux kernel. But they
sure could use a general cleanup.

Sascha

--
Pengutronix e.K. - Linux Solutions for Science and Industry