[U-Boot-Users] SMSC LAN8700 and LAN8187

Kevin Greer greerk at msn.com
Mon May 12 23:03:15 CEST 2008

Hello,

Does anyone know if u-boot will work with the SMSC LAN8700 (same interface as LAN8187) Ethernet transceiver?  Specifically I am trying to use it with the Atmel AT91SAM9260 microcontroller using MII.   I am developing a board similar to the AT91SAM9260-EK evaluation kit and would like to replace the Davicom DM9161a.  If u-boot currently doesn't work with the LAN8700 can anyone provide me with a little guidance as to the magnitude of the effort to add this transceiver to u-boot?  Sorry if my question is a bit naive, I am a newbie when it comes to u-boot.

Thanks,
   Kevin