[U-Boot-Users] build u-boot error: No rule to make target `.depend', needed by `_depend'.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed May 14 20:49:26 CEST 2008

Steven,

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.

Q: Why is it such a bad thing?

A: Top-posting.

And you not only top-post, you also full-quote.

You are ignoring Netiquette more or less completely, are you aware of
this?

I think you should read http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
really carefully.

In message <ed4892840805141049v3f7b2828w6d5ee74cf1923e09 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> 1.2.0 is come frome eldk-4.1 iso file.  Downloading independent u-boot
> seems require `git' tool which I get problem with because my office
> network gets many limits.  Is there a http way to download u-boot?

If you bothered to read the documentation or tyhe U-Boot web pages you
should have seen the links to the FTP site, and you should have read
about the snapshot feature of git.

Please see http://www.denx.de/wiki/UBoot/SourceCode

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
I have a theory that it's impossible to prove anything, but  I  can't
prove it.