[U-Boot-Users] How to let u-boot support non-standard board (AX88796B NIC)

Steven Woody narkewoody at gmail.com
Thu May 15 04:33:13 CEST 2008

Dear experts,

With your help, I'v now successfully compiled u-boot-1.3.3-rc3 and got
the `u-boot' boot loader image file. My compiling command line is
`./MAKEALL sbc2410x' since the MPU in my board is a samsung s3c2410A.
But I think the board is not a standard sbc2410x or smdk2410, because
it's NIC chip is a AX88796B. I searched goole, and fond:
http://www.asix.com.tw/products.php?op=pItemdetail&PItemID=80;65;86&PLine=65.
 It seems the AX88796B is a Realtek RTL8019 Driver Equivalent.  So I
want to know, do I need do anything to make the u-boot working on my
board, and how?

The same question applies to how to build the kernel. I check all
config files in
/my/eldk-4.1/installation/arm/usr/src//linux-2.6.19.2/arch/arm/configs,
and had not found any work like RTL8019.

Thanks in advance.

--
woody

then sun rose thinly from the sea and the old man could see the other
boats, low on the water and well in toward the shore, spread out
across the current.