[U-Boot-Users] Reg mcf54452 hanging when it runs in SDRAM

Karthikeyan Kadirvel, Chennai karthikeyan.kadirvel at hcl.in
Fri May 16 00:34:56 CEST 2008

hI,

    i am developing bootloader for mcf54452 board. i got a EVB for
mcf54455 as well as u-boot code.i just changed the u-boot code for
mcf54452. there are few difference only there between the boards.

In my board(MCF54452):
In  EVB board(MCF54455)
--------------------------------------
-------------------------------------

FLASH:   INTEL flash1(16MB),INTEL flash2(16MB)=32MB
ATMEL flash1(16MB),INTEL flash2(16MB)=32MB

SDRAM:   64 MB single chip
chip0(64 MB)+chip1(64 MB)+chip2(64 MB)+chip3(64 MB)=256 MB
Internal clock =200 MHZ
266 MHZ

these are the diffrence only b/w them.

when i am executing my code in my board(MCF54452);

1. Atter programming the u-boot code (372 KB) in FLASH,flash itself , it
is initializing some devices like serial ..etc. and then it u-boot code
is relocated to upper part of the SDRAM.

2.IN SDRAM . it will initialize the PCI,ETHERNET,I2C,SPI and...etc .

3. then i will initialize the interrupts and timers.

4. then i will got to u-boot prompt where it gets the commnd from user.

My problem is:

till u-boot code is relocated to SDRAM is fine(Because i am getting msg
a msg that saysthat now running in RAM). after that my system(MCF54452)
is getting hanged.

i checked :

1. Clock  - fine
2. SDRAM - i did read and write for 1 MB (more than u-boot size).
3. FLASH initialization - fine -because code is relocated to SDRAM
4. interrupts -all disabled.
5. Peripherals initialization  disabled (what are initialized in SDRAM)

when it relocated the u-boot code to SDRAM , the system is getting out
of control. But we can access the SDRAM by writing and reading.

i thougt problem in peripheral initialization, i am not getting prompt
even i disabled those things.

if anyone of get any idea reg this problem,just let me know.

Thanks &Regards,
Karthikeyan.

DISCLAIMER: