[U-Boot-Users] Can CPU write video memory directly?

zhanglei459 zhanglei459 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 15:54:14 CEST 2008

Hi all,
      Now I am debugging video chip MB86297A.Reference to hardware manual,I
have configured PCI registers ,Carmine Control registers and DRAM Control
registers under U-boot , other modules registers have not been configured.I
dont know how to verify DRAM is configured correctly. When I "md" video
memory,they are all zero,and after I "mm" video memory,they are "md" still
display all zero .Are DRAM Control registers configured wrong? Does CPU
modify video memory?
    Thanks!