[U-Boot-Users] Debugging U-Boot with BDI3000

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Tue May 20 20:47:00 CEST 2008

In message <17346329.post at talk.nabble.com> you wrote:

> When I enter the "target remote" command, it ends up in 0x00000000 instead
> of the reset vector at 0xfffffffc. I have pasted my commands below. Can
> anyone tell me what I'm missing? I just want to step through a few
> instructions and verify that the reset vector code jumps to _start (or
> _start_440 in my case), and then step through _start afterwards.

Probably your BDI config file needs adjusting. Try what you see  when
you  use  the  telnet  interface  directly, i. e. where do you end up
after a "reset halt" ?

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"...one of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was  that,
lacking  zero,  they had no way to indicate successful termination of
their C programs."                                     - Robert Firth