[U-Boot-Users] [for clues] No rule to make target .depend

YIngjian Zhan yingjian.zhan at gmail.com
Wed May 21 08:00:53 CEST 2008

Hi all,
       I am newbie. I am trying to port u-boot to my board. I did these things:
       1. copy a existing board directory, say m5445evb, to a new one "mercury"
       2. copy the M5445X_config section and rename it to "MERCURY_config"
       3. change board name "m5445evb" in the "@mkconfig -a ..." line
to mercury
but when I try to compile u-boot make says "no rule to make target
.depend", needed by lib_mercury.a in the board/freescale/mercury
directory.
       I can compile u-boot for m5445evb normally.
       What's the matter?