[U-Boot-Users] [Patch 00/17] U-Boot-V2: Support for OMAP3 and SDP3430

Menon, Nishanth x0nishan at ti.com
Wed May 21 18:23:52 CEST 2008

Greetings,

This patch series introduces support required for OMAP Boards and an example of OMAP3430 based SDP3430 platform is introduced for U-Boot V2. This series of patches provide a very basic SRAM boot support. The u-boot.bin file generated is around 28K in size and may be delivered as part of Peripheral boot process as described in OMAP3430 TRM[1] page 3728 section 26.4.5. I have used SRAM for this configuration and heap and stack are in SDRAM in this example.

SDP3430 details can be seen in [2].  Please note that there is further work required for this to be completely useful. Probably requires M18 CFI support, NAND 16/8 bit support, MMC(and FAT), OneNAND support and USBTTY support to be fully functional and useful.

Other platforms that may possibly leverage out of these are:
a) OMAP3430 based Zoom MDK [3]
b) OMAP3530 based beagle board [4]
c) OMAP353x based EVM [5]
d) Pandora [6]
And others that I don't know of :). Please feel free to add.. And ofcourse, we could move all old OMAPs based platforms across also..

I thank Dirk for guiding me on creation of patches, Laurent for pointing out the dcache issue in my first rev and lots of folks for writing the initial code.

Regards,
Nishanth Menon

Ref:
----